General Terms and Conditions of Use
Please read these terms and conditions of use (these “Conditions”) carefully. By accessing and using this web page and the other web pages owned or operated by us including, chc.org.sg, citynews.sg, cityparents.sg, cityradio.sg, the.chc.app, crossover.sg, emerge.sg, harvestkidz.sg, as well as all other domain names owned or controlled by City Harvest Church (CHC) or any of its affiliates and/or subsidiaries or accessing and using our online services (collectively, our “Website”) and the City Harvest mobile application (the “App”), you will be conclusively presumed to have notice of, and you acknowledge that you agree to comply with and be bound by these Conditions, as amended from time to time. These Conditions govern our relationship with you in relation to our Website and our App. If you disagree with any part of these Conditions, you must immediately discontinue your access to or use of our Website and our App.
Specific terms and conditions of use appearing on specific web pages and/or sections of our Website and/or will be applicable to such sections of our Website and/or App. Such specific terms and conditions of use shall constitute a part of these Conditions. In the event of any conflict between such specific terms and conditions of use and these Conditions, the specific terms and conditions of use shall prevail to the extent of such conflict.
The terms “City Harvest Church”, “CHC”, “we” or “us” refer to City Harvest Church, its subsidiaries and its affiliates (where applicable), and the term ‘our’ has a correlative meaning. The term “you” refers to the viewer or user of our Website and/or App, and the term ‘your’ has a correlative meaning.
In downloading the App from the Apple App Store or Google Play, you agree to abide by the End User Licence Agreement in relation to the use and access of the App. In addition, you hereby acknowledge and agree that these Conditions are concluded between you and CHC, and not with Apple Inc. (“Apple”) or Google LLC (“Google”) as the case may be.
Headings are inserted for convenience and shall not affect the interpretation of these Conditions.
- Proprietary Rights
- The information and materials located or hosted on, or linked to, our Website and/or App including user content (the “Materials”) are protected by and subject to copyright, trademark and other forms of intellectual property and proprietary rights. Such Materials include, but are not limited to, any data, photographs, graphics, illustrations, designs, trade marks, trade names, service marks, product names, logos, insignias or other devices, software programmes, downloadable files, software applications, interactive features, tools, services or other information or content made available on or through our Website and/or App. The presentation and layout of the Materials is also protected by and subjected to copyright, trademarks, service marks, international treaties and other proprietary rights and laws of Singapore and other countries.
- Unless otherwise stated, the rights, titles and interests to the Materials are owned by, licensed to or controlled by us.
- All other trade marks, trade names, service marks, product names and logos contained or displayed in the Website and/or App that are not owned by, licensed to or controlled by us are used in an editorial fashion only, and to the benefit of respective owners, with no intention of trade mark infringement.
- Access to our Website and/or App
- You may access and view our Website and/or App and may save an electronic copy or print out a copy of the Materials, solely for your own personal and non-commercial use. All copies that you make must be in the form as presented on our Website and/or App and must include all applicable copyright and other notices on our Website and/or App.
- Save as permitted in paragraph 2.1 above, except with our prior written permission, you may not copy, store (either in hardcopy or in an electronic retrieval system), adapt, alter, translate, transmit, disseminate, distribute, perform, broadcast, publish, reproduce, publicly display, hyperlink, sell, license, rent, lease or otherwise transfer any of the Materials, or otherwise transfer any of the Materials to any other person (whether for direct commercial purpose or monetary gain or otherwise) or otherwise use in whole or in part in any manner.
- Except with our prior written permission, you may not create a derivative work from the Materials, nor decompile, reverse-engineer or disassemble the Materials.
- Any rights relating to the Materials and our Website and/or App not expressly granted herein are reserved and no licence or right is granted to you by implication, estoppel or otherwise.
- No Unlawful or Prohibited Use of our Website and/or App
You acknowledge and agree that, as a condition of your access and use of our Website and/or App, you will not use the Materials, our Website or App for any purpose that is unlawful or prohibited or not expressly permitted by these Conditions. You may not use our Website and/or App in any form or manner that could damage, disable, overburden or impair any CHC server, or the networks connected to any CHC server, or interfere with any other party’s access and use of our Website and/or App. You may not attempt to gain unauthorised access to our Website and/or App, or any services provided via our Website and/or App, other accounts, computer systems or networks connected to any CHC server or to any of the services provided via our Website and/or App, whether through hacking, password mining or any other means. You may not obtain, or attempt to obtain, any Materials or other information through any means not intentionally made available on or through our Website and/or App.
- Limited Linking and Framing of our Website and/or App
- Unless otherwise stated, you may not link (including, but not limited to, hyperlink, in-line link or deep-link) (hereinafter collectively referred to as “Link”), mirror or frame our Website and/or App or any part thereof to any other web page, website, server or otherwise. Except with our prior written permission no trade mark, trade name, service mark, product name or logo may be used as a Link or to mark any Link to our Website and/or App or any part thereof or any other web page or website.
- Subject to the restrictions below, you are allowed to hyperlink to our Website or to deep-link to certain of the web pages of our Website and/or App:
- You may not deep-link to our Website and/or App or any part thereof which was dynamically created by our system and customised for particular usage sessions.
- You may not hyperlink or deep-link to our Website and/or App or any part thereof from any web page which contains materials or information which is inappropriate, profane, defamatory, infringing, obscene, indecent, vulgar, harassing, privacy invading, abusive, threatening, harmful, tortious, objectionable, unlawful or violates any applicable intellectual property or proprietary rights.
- Notwithstanding anything to the contrary in these Conditions, CHC reserves all rights to terminate any Link from any website to our Website and/or App for any reason. Upon our notification, you must disable, remove and terminate any Link from any web page or website, or any mirroring or framing of our Website and/or App or any part thereof immediately.
- We have no responsibility for the content available on any website which links, mirrors or frames our Website and/or App or any part thereof. In no circumstances will we be considered to be associated or affiliated in whatever manner with any trade marks, trade names, service marks, logos, insignia or other devices used or appearing on websites that links, mirrors or frames our Website and/or App or any part thereof.
- Links to Other Website and/or Apps
- Any links provided on our Website and/or App are provided for your convenience only. Should you leave our Website and/or App via any such link, the content that you view in such linked web page or website and/or app owned or operated by third parties is not provided or controlled by us. You acknowledge that we have not developed or reviewed, and are not responsible for the consequences of your accessing the linked web page or website and/or app, and/or the content contained or displayed in such web page or website and/or app. We make no guarantee, representation or warranty as to, and have no liability for, any content contained or displayed in such web page, website and/or app, including, but not limited to, guarantees, representations and warranties regarding truth, adequacy, originality, accuracy, timeliness, completeness, reasonableness, non-infringement, suitability, satisfactory quality, merchantability or fitness for any particular purpose or any representations or warranties arising from usage, custom or trade or by operation of law.
- Any such link to other linked web page or website and/or app on our Website and/or App does not constitute an endorsement, authorisation, verification or representation that we are affiliated with the operator(s) or owner(s) of those linked website and/or apps, or the contents thereof.
- You agree that your access to and/or use of such linked web page or website and/or apps is entirely at your own risk and subject to the terms and conditions of access and/or use contained therein.
- By assessing YouTube videos on our Website and/or App, you also agree to abide by YouTube’s Terms of Service.
- Third Party Advertising
We may allow third party advertisers to place advertisements on our Website and/or App or any part thereof. Such advertisements will be clearly identified as originating from third parties. We do not endorse, and will not be responsible for, the contents of such advertisements or for your access, use, reliance, sale, purchase, or other action on your part with respect to the contents or subject matter of such advertisements. Paragraph 5 of these Conditions shall apply in respect of any Link contained in any such advertisement.
- Account Registration
- Certain functionalities of our Website and/or App may only be used or accessed if you have a registered account with us (a “User Account”). Such functionalities include but are not limited to:
- Uploading of user content;
- Downloading of materials such as video and/or audio files for offline access;
- Registration for events;
- Creating and adding content to your personal playlist within the Website and/or App; and
- Tracking of the Bible Reading chart.
- To register for a User Account, please note that the following information is required:
- Name (which will also be used as your user ID for the purposes of login into your User Account); and
- Email address.
- Upon completion of the registration procedure, a verification link will be sent to the email address provided to us during the registration process. Notwithstanding that you have completed the registration process, please note that the full functionalities of our Website and/or App as described in paragraph 7.1 will only be made available to you upon successful verification of your User Account through the verification link.
- The email address used for the registration of a User Account are unique identifiers and can only be used for the creation of and access to one User Account.
- You may create your own password, which must have a minimum of 8 characters. Notwithstanding the foregoing, we have the sole discretion to reject any selection or change of password without assigning any reason. We recommend that you change your passwords often, use a combination of letters, numbers and special characters, and ensure that you use a secure browser.
- You are responsible for safekeeping and maintaining the confidentiality of your password. You must not disclose to any person your password and shall not authorize any person to use your password for any purpose whatsoever. You agree to take reasonable measures and all due care to protect your password against misuse by third parties.
- If you believe that the security or confidentiality of your password has been compromised, you have the responsibility to change your password. You will be liable for any unauthorised use or access of such web pages and/or sections of our Website and/or App through your User Account. We shall not be liable for any claims, losses or damages resulting from any security breaches, unauthorised and/or fraudulent use or access of such web pages and/or sections of our Website and/or App with your User Account.
- We may (at our sole discretion) and without giving any reason suspend or terminate your User Account and/or your use of the Website and/or App at any time with or without prior notice to you. Where we have not given prior notice, we shall as soon as practicable after the time of suspension or termination, give notice to you of such suspension or termination by such notification method as we may choose. Such termination shall be effective on and from the date specified in the notice. Our right to suspend or terminate your access to and use of your User Account and our Website and/or App shall be without prejudice to any other rights or remedies which we may have under these Conditions and at law.
- Disclaimers and Exclusion of Liability
- The Materials are of a general nature which have not been verified, considered or assessed by us and are provided to you on an “as is” and “as available” basis without warranties of any kind. Your use of the Materials is at your own risk. We hereby disclaim all liability and responsibility to update the Materials. We do not make any representations, and hereby disclaims all warranties, express or implied, statutory or otherwise to the extent permitted by law, in respect of our Website, App, or the Materials, including, but not limited to, guarantees, representations and warranties regarding truth, adequacy, originality, accuracy, timeliness, completeness, reasonableness, non-infringement, suitability, satisfactory quality, merchantability or fitness for any particular purpose, or any representations or warranties arising from usage, custom or trade or by operation of law.
- Due to the inherent defects of electronic distribution, there may be errors, delays, omissions, interruption, breach of security, corruption, unavailability of access in connection with or inaccuracies in the Materials or our Website and/or App (“Defects”). We do not guarantee, represent or warrant that access and use of our Website and/or App will be uninterrupted. We assume no responsibility for consequences of any such Defects even if either of us had been advised as to the possibility.
- We do not guarantee, represent or warrant that our Website and/or App is free of malicious software, including, but not limited to, viruses, computer worms, Trojan horses, spyware or other harmful components (“Malicious Software”). We accept no liability for any loss, damage, claim liability, expense or costs that may result from any transmission of such Malicious Software via our Website and/or App (including, but not limited to, files downloaded from our Website and/or App).
- Any consent, including Materials and user content is provided for general information only. It is not intended to amount to advice on which you should rely. You should not take any action, or omit to take any action, in reliance on the Materials, user content or our Website and/or App without independent verification or advice.
- We will not be liable to you or anyone for any loss, damage, claim, liability, expense or costs, whether in contract, tort (including negligence) or otherwise, arising out of or in relation to:
- anything done or omitted to be done in relation to the Materials;
- the use of the Materials; or
- the use or access of our Website and/or App.
- We will not be liable for any direct, indirect, consequential, incidental, special or punitive loss, damage, claim, or liability including, but not limited to, loss of data, profits, business contracts or business opportunities, whether in contract, tort (including negligence) or otherwise.
- Donations and Payments
- You may make donations to CHC on our donation webpages available on our Website at these links: chc.org.sg/donation and give.chc.org.sg (collectively, the “Donation Webpage”) and/or via the App.
- You may make payment for various goods and/or services provided by us through the Website and/or App (the “Payments”). Such goods and services include, but are not limited to, registration for classes and/or events held by us.
- You acknowledge that all donations made through the Donation Webpage and any other types of Payments made through the Website and/or App are processed by our payment gateway provider Red Dot Payment Pte Ltd. CHC is not responsible for the processing of donations made through the Donation Webpage and Payments made through our Website and/or App.
- You shall examine all entries in the transaction history relating to donations and Payments made by you (“Transaction History”) and any receipts issued to you by the payment gateway provider, which can be found in your User Account (if you have registered one with us). You must immediately report any donations or Payments which were wrongly made or made without authority, or inaccurate entries in your Transaction History or any issued invoices (collectively “Inaccuracies” and “Inaccuracy” shall be construed similarly) to us in writing at email@example.com. You must inform us of your objection to any Inaccuracies in by writing to us at firstname.lastname@example.org immediately after the inaccurate entry appears in the Transaction History or for issued receipts, the time of issue of receipt. If we do not receive any notification within [7 days] of the time the entry appears in the Transaction History or the time of issue of receipt (whichever is applicable), the donations and Payments will be deemed correct and conclusive and are non-refundable in nature. We are not liable for any claim, losses or damages in respect of any and every donation and/or Payments shown in the Transaction History and issued receipts for which no notification of any objection to an Inaccuracy has been made in accordance with this paragraph.
- Save as provided in paragraph 9.4, you hereby acknowledge that all donations made through the donation webpage are non-refundable in nature. You irrevocably warrant, undertake and represent that all donations made by you through our Donation Webpage are made on a voluntary basis.
- If you log in to our new donation portal GIVE (give.chc.org.sg) using your “CHC App log in”, you thereby consent to the storage of your personal data and giving history in our management system, and will be able to view your giving history for the last 6 months.
- Uploading Content to our Website and/or App
- Where you make use of a feature that allows you to create, upload, post or store content (including but not limited to messages, materials, data, graphics or other items or materials) (“User Content”) to our Website and/or App, or make use of any feature to or make contact with the operator or other users of our Website and/or App, you must comply with the content standards set out in this paragraph 10. The User Content must comply with applicable law in Singapore and in any country from which they are posted. User Content must not:
- Contain any material which is defamatory of any person (including CHC);
- Contain any material which is obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory or otherwise objectionable;
- Disclose or provide any other person’s personal data or user history (without their approval or authorisation of such purposes) or otherwise be in violation of any person’s privacy rights;
- Contain any material for sales, marketing, advertising, solicitation or other commercial purposes (except for such material that is expressly approved by CHC in writing); Contain any material which is sexually explicit or for the purpose of encouraging or undertaking any sexual conduct;
- Promote violence;
- Promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age;
- Infringe any intellectual property or proprietary right of any other person;
- Be fraudulent or contain any material that is likely to deceive any person;
- Be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence, or violate the right of any person;
- Promote any illegal activity;
- Contain any content with seditious tendency or political references;
- Promote ill-will and hostility amongst the users or general public of Singapore;
- Be threatening, abuse or invade another’s privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety or discomfort;
- Be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any person;
- Be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person;
- Give the impression that any such content is created or emanate from us, if this is not the case; or
- Advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse.
- You irrevocably and unconditionally represent and warrant that any User Content you upload to our Website and/or App or through our Website and/or App complies with the content standards set out above.
- You irrevocably and unconditionally represent and warrant that any User Content you upload to our Website and/or App or through our Website and/or App does not violate, misappropriate or infringe the rights of any third party, including but not limited to privacy rights, copyrights, trade mark and/or any other intellectual property or proprietary rights.
- We have the right to disclose your identity to any third party claiming that any content posted or uploaded by you to our Website and/or App constitutes a violation of their intellectual property rights.
- We will not be responsible, or liable to any third party, for the User Content or the accuracy or legitimacy of any User Content posted by you or any other user of our Website and/or App.
- Although we have no obligation to screen, edit or monitor any of User Content, we have the right to edit or remove your User Content from our Website and/or App where your User Content does not comply with the content standards set out in this paragraph 10 or if, in our opinion, your User Content restricts or inhibits any other person from using or enjoying the Website and/or App, or which may expose CHC or any other users of the Website and/or App to any harm or liability of any type, and/or to termination or suspension of your rights to use the Website and/or App.
- You acknowledge that your use of the Website and/or App is at your own risk. While we may make reasonable efforts to vet User Content posted by users of the Website and/or App, we hereby disclaim all liability for any User Content posted by you or other users, or for any loss or damage in connection thereto, or for any conduct by any user of the Website and/or App, including, but not limited, to such User Content or conduct that are of an offensive nature and/or infringe on third party intellectual property rights (the “Infringing Material”). Kindly contact us at email@example.com if you wish to report any Infringing Material. CHC holds sole discretion on whether to remove any alleged Infringing Material.
- Enforcement of the content standards set out in this paragraph 10 is solely at our discretion, and failure to enforce any such standards in any instance does not constitute a waiver of our right to enforce such standards in other instances.
- Notwithstanding the foregoing, and unless we otherwise agree in Writing, you shall remain the owner of any User Content you post on the Website and/or App provided, however, we shall have the non-exclusive, royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable right to use, distribute, license and sublicense, translate, copy, exploit and creative derivative works from such content including such right to use your user name in connection with your User Content, in our sole discretion; and provided, further, that you shall not be entitled to any compensation whatsoever in connection with the use and enjoyment of our rights described above.
- You irrevocably and unconditionally agree and undertake that you shall be liable to and shall indemnify us against any liabilities, costs, expenses, damages and losses (including but not limited to any direct, indirect, consequential loss, loss of profits, reputation, interest, legal and other professional costs and expenses) suffered by us in connection with or arising from:
- your access and/or use of our Website and/or App;
- any other party’s access of this Website and/or App and/or use of the online services using your User Account;
- your breach of any of these Conditions; and/or
- any other party’s breach of any of these Conditions where such party was able to access our Website and/or App by using your User Account.
- Our Personal Data Protection Policy sets out our policy concerning the collection, use or disclosure of your personal data in compliance with the Personal Data Protection Act 2012 (No. 26 of 2012) By using our Website and/or App, you consent and agree to our collection, use and disclosure of your personal data in the manner set out in our Personal Data Protection Policy, and you warrant that all data provided by you is accurate. Should you wish to update your personal data or should you have any feedback or enquiries relating to your personal data, please contact our Data Protection Officer (“DPO”) at firstname.lastname@example.org. Should you wish to withdraw your consent to our collection, use or disclosure of your personal data, you shall undertake at your own expense and risk to uninstall and/or cease access and use our Website and/or App immediately.
- Please note that if you have a User Account with us, you may not “opt-out” of receiving User Account related emails from us. You may, however, opt-out of receiving marketing emails from us via the unsubscribe option found in every marketing email.
- Violations of these Conditions
We reserve the right, in our absolute discretion, to monitor any and all access to and use of our Website and/or App. We reserve our right to terminate at any time your access to and/or use of our Website and/or App or any part thereof and we may block access from a particular internet protocol address to our Website and/or App or any part thereof in the event of any violation of these Conditions. In addition, we reserve the right to seek all remedies available under these Conditions, at law and in equity for any violation of any one of Conditions.
- Changes to these Conditions
We may, from time to time and at any time, update or revise these Conditions. Such update or revision is effective upon publication on our Website and/or App. You are responsible for ensuring that you have read the most current version of these Conditions. Your continued access and/or use of our Website and/or App will be deemed to constitute your conclusive acceptance of the updated or revised Conditions. The Materials are subject to change including, without limitation, modification, deletion or replacement thereof without notice.
- Our Details
Our principal office is at 1 Raffles Boulevard, Suntec City, #05-02, Singapore 039593.
If any provision of these Conditions, in whole or in part, is held to be illegal, invalid or unenforceable under any enactment or rule of law or by any court in any jurisdiction: (i) such provision or part will, to that extent, be deemed not to form part of these Conditions, but the legality, validity and enforceability of the remainder of these Conditions is not affected; and (ii) the legality, validity and enforceability of that or any other provision or part under any other jurisdiction will not be affected.
- Governing Law and Jurisdiction
These Conditions shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of Singapore. You agree to submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the Singapore courts.
- English Version to Prevail
Should there be any discrepancy between the Chinese and English versions of the Materials, our Website and/or App or these Conditions, the English version will prevail.
Updated as at 10 October, 2021.