We pray you have all been keeping safe during Phase 3, even as more of life, work and church activities have resumed in Singapore. We would like to update you on a COVID-related matter that has come to our attention.
1. We were alerted yesterday (29 April) that one of our church members has tested positive for COVID-19. She was found to be linked to the Tan Tock Seng Hospital cluster. Following investigations, we have identified that she visited our Jurong West church premises three times in the last two weeks:
She tested positive on Wednesday (28 April) after the Emerge Leaders’ Meeting. Prior to that, she was asymptomatic.
2. We want to assure you that the member adhered closely to the safety measures CHC has put in place, such as wearing her mask at all times, keeping a 1-metre distance from others, etc. During the two meetings, she stayed within her allocated row of 5 persons and kept to her section of 50 when entering and exiting the hall.
3. Contact tracing is now underway, and the Ministry of Health (MOH) has been and will be in touch with those who are identified as her close contacts.
4. As a strictly-upheld practice since we resumed live church services and gatherings, our two church premises are rigorously cleaned and disinfected after every meeting and service. We also use anti-microbial protection on all high-touch surfaces. With regards to this case of infection, the church has been in touch with MOH regarding the necessary protocols, and our Jurong West church is closed today (30 April) for professional disinfection and cleaning.
5. Although MOH has advised that activities may continue at such premises, we recognize that there has been a spike in community cases this week. Therefore, to exercise the utmost caution:
Within this period (from 30 April to 16 May), all services and cell groups will be held exclusively online. It would also be prudent for us to refrain from other in-person meetings, such as Bible studies and cell group gatherings.
As your pastors, we are glad that CHC is a tightly-knit congregation, and fellowship with one another is very much a part of our spiritual and social DNA. But in this pandemic season, we hope you understand that these extra precautionary measures must be taken for the welfare and protection of our members, our families, and the communities we belong to.
City Harvest Church has been as proactive as possible every step of the way since COVID-19 happened. We must continue to be united in our fight against the spread of COVID-19, vigilant and faithfully adhere to the measures recommended by the authorities—safe distancing, keeping to groups of 8, making sure your TraceTogether app is on constantly, etc.
Philippians 4:6 tells us, “Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.” Let’s remain calm and patiently wait for further news, trusting God for the best outcome. Let’s also unite our prayers to intercede for the wellbeing of our member, her family, cell group and close contacts.
Should you have any questions or concerns, please call our church office at 6737 6266 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Let us all remain vigilant and prayerful, and do our part to stay safe and keep one another safe.
The Senior Management Team